Location - Colchester, Essex
The role will require you to develop, cultivate and manage key relationships within our growing Third-Party Intermediaries channel (TPIs). You will provide first class advice and support to our TPIs to ensure that we maximise the acquisition and retention of energy supply contracts. You will be required to follow up potential leads, provide quotations and fulfil the sale with the customer directly, ensuring that you adhere to our business processes and procedures. You will be required to manage the ongoing customer relationship both directly and indirectly where a TPI is involved, which may include complaint handling, credit control, compliance, and all other aspects and interactions of both the sales cycle and customer experience.
You will need to be customer and partner focused with excellent communication skills and the ability to form strategic relationships based upon our core values. The role will be diverse and demanding so the ability to prioritise workloads to meet the needs of the business is key.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Identify, acquire and on board new Third-Party Intermediaries (TPI’s) in line with Gulf ‘suitability test’ process.
- Develop TPIs to drive new business into Gulf utilising the multiple propositions available for negotiation purposes.
- Develop TPIs to ensure that renewal business is retained by Gulf through continuous relationship management
- Monitor TPIs to ensure that only quality business is placed with Gulf, utilising MI reports, paying careful attention to the % of losses, COT’s, ET’s, Fraudulent sales, mis-selling and complaints
- Maintain TPI relationships through daily/weekly/monthly calls to ensure that TPIs are kept up to date with any industry/Company developments and or changes.
- Maintain accurate records in respect of conversations, requests and actions whilst complying with all GDPR requirements
- Holding confidential information and using it with discretion following the correct procedures
- To manage the day to day direct sale enquires from enquiry, quotation and sale competition.
- Producing documents, reports, and presentations as required by the Director of Commercial Sales
- Organising and maintaining own diary and make appointments as required for BDM visits
- Managing projects and liaising with all relevant departments
- Comply with business processes and effectively implement them
- To prepare presentations, proposals plans, tender documents and contracts as necessary
- To input creative solutions to maximise sales opportunities
- To work closely with the Director of Commercial Sales, Head of Marketing and, the Senior Business Development Manager, to implement additional sales support procedures and initiatives as required from time to time
- To develop and promote effective and credible working relationships with all company employees
- Build trust, value others, communicate effectively, drive execution, foster innovation, focus on delivery to customers, collaborate with others, solve problems creatively, demonstrate high integrity and ultimately lead by example
- Maintain professional internal and external relationships that meet company core values
- Proactively establish and maintain effective working team relationships with all support departments
- Provide MI reporting when required to Senior Management
- To provide reports and analysis as required on TPI activity
- To provide and maintain accurate call lists
- To monitor quality, and improve this through development of processes and personnel
- Understanding of Industry Regulations
- B2B energy sales sector experience
- Previous experience in a sales support or account management role
- Previous experience in a customer facing role
- Good negotiation skills
- Good numeracy and literacy skills with an eye for detail and accuracy
- Ability to prioritise, work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Team player – to enthuse, inspire and motivate
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Have a flexible approach to work
- To have a professional approach to successfully communicate at all levels both internally and externally
- IT skills in MS Excel and Word would be an advantage
- To be responsible for updating own practices and professional knowledge
- To undertake personal development activities as agreed with Line Manager
- To undertake such other duties which may be required from time to time commensurate with the role
- To promote equality as part of the role and to treat everyone with dignity and respect
To apply, please send a copy of your CV and current salary to [email protected] Please make sure you include the job title Business Account Manager in the subject line of your email.