In addition to our commitment to achieve high standards of customer service, Ofgem set out specific standards that we, and all suppliers, must adhere to.
These are called our Guaranteed Standards of Performance.
Booking an Appointment
Our engineers may occasionally need to visit your property, either at your request, or whenever we need to carry out work in accordance with our supplier obligations. Whatever the reason for the appointment, we will adhere to the following standards:
- Wherever possible, appointment dates will be offered within a reasonable period of time after you have requested an appointment or after we have contacted you to make or re-arrange an appointment. Our appointments are always within normal working hours. For your convenience, appointments will be offered with a 4 hour time slot between the hours of 9.00 am and 4.30 pm; however arrangements may vary depending on where you live.
- We will do our best to offer you an appointment on a date and time to suit you. Should you request (during working hours) a specified period of time that is less than 2 hours long, we will do our best to try and arrange this for you.
- We will not rearrange an appointment if it less than 1 day away without your agreement.
- We will keep an appointment unless you have cancelled it or we have re-arranged it and you have agreed to the new date.
- We will ensure that the engineer has the necessary skill, experience and resource to do what is scheduled to be done.
If we’re late, or miss the arranged appointment, or if we otherwise fail to meet any of these standards, we’ll pay you compensation of £30.00 within 10 working days. If we fail to do that, we’ll make an additional payment of £30.00 within a further 10 working days.
Payments will typically be made as a credit to your energy account
Gas and Electricity meters are required to operate correctly, and to Industry-prescribed levels of tolerance.
If you believe that your meter is not operating correctly, or is not recording your consumption correctly, you should notify us. You should not attempt to rectify the problem yourself.
Once you have notified us of the problem, we will do each of the following within 5 working days of receiving your notification:
- We will complete an initial assessment of whether it is operating correctly, and to the prescribed tolerances.
- We will take action to determine the cause of the problem, or otherwise ensure that you receive a supply through a meter which is operating correctly and to within the prescribed levels of tolerance.
- We will offer to confirm details of the above in writing to you, including the actions we propose to take to ensure you receive a supply through a correctly operating meter, along with the timescales for doing so.
In taking the actions described above, we will start with whatever office-based checks we are able to make without necessarily visiting your premises.
If we fail to meet any of these standards, we’ll pay you compensation of £30.00 within 10 working days. If we fail to do that, we’ll make an additional payment of £30.00 within a further 10 working days. Payments will typically be made as a credit to your energy account.
Reconnecting your supply
In the rare event that we have disconnected supply because you have not paid your gas or electricity charges, we will do everything we can to get you back on supply as soon as possible. This may mean that you pay the outstanding charges, along with our reasonable expenses and any security deposit.
Alternatively, it may mean that we agree a repayment plan with you.
Once either of these events have taken place, we will reconnect your supply within 24 hours.
Please note that if either of these events occur outside normal working hours the 24 hour timescale will run from the start of the next day.
If we fail to meet this standard, we’ll pay you compensation of £30.00 within 10 working days. If we fail to do that, we’ll make an additional payment of £30.00 within a further 10 working days. Payments will typically be made as a credit to your energy account.
Performance of Electricity Distribution Networks & Gas Transporters
Both the Electricity Distributors and Gas Transporters may be required to pay you compensation due to faults or issues that you have experienced that they are responsible for (to find out more information of yours, or to find who yours is, please see here).
We may be asked to make these payments on their behalf.
If we do not pay you the specific amount (they will advise us how much you are due) within 10 working days, we will pay you an additional £30. If we fail to do that, we’ll make an additional payment of £30.00 within a further 10 working days. Payments will typically be made as a credit to your energy account.
Where you believe that your supply has been transferred either from/ or to ourselves without a valid contract, the following will be done:
- We will agree with the other supplier whether or not an erroneous transfer has occurred within 20 working days of your notification to ourselves;
- If you have contacted us directly about this matter, within 20 working days of your notification, we will either:
- Provide written confirmation that an erroneous transferred has occurred, and that you will be returned back to your previous supplier; or
- Provide you with a written statement confirming the outcome of our investigation with the other supplier.
- We will re-register your supply back to Gulf Gas and Power UK within 21 working days of verifying the erroneous transfer with the other supplier.
If we fail to meet this standard, we’ll pay you compensation of £30.00, within 10 working days. If we fail to do that, we’ll make an additional payment of £30.00 within a further 10 working days. Payments will typically be made as a credit to your energy account
Refunding Final Credit Balance
We agree to issue a refund of your final credit balance within 10 working days of sending your final statement (or correct final statement).
This only applies to you if you have transferred to another supplier, or have moved out of a property we supply.
If we fail to do this, we will pay you £30.
If we are required to make a payment for failure of performance, we will make sure this is paid within 10 working days. Should we not pay you within 10 working days, we will pay you an additional £30.
Payments will typically be made as a credit to your energy account. If you would like to arrange a cheque please contact our Customer Service Team.
There are some circumstances in which we will not pay the £30 compensation
- Where we are in a genuine dispute as to whether we are obligated to make a payment
- If something occurs that is outside of our control which has meant we have been unable to attend your property e.g severe weather conditions, an act from a person that is not a representative of our company
- If you inform us that you no longer wish to taken action, or further action over the issue
- The meter has been tampered with e.g stealing energy
- If we cannot gain access to the meter or property
What is a 'working day'?
A working day is any day from Monday to Friday that doesn't fall on a bank holiday.
What are 'working hours'?
Working hours are between 9am and 4.30pm on a working day