Priority Services Register
We understand that some customers may need extra help to manage their energy accounts, understand their bills or access communications from us. Because of this, customers have access to our Priority Services Register.
What is your Priority Services Register?
Our Priority Services Register ensures that we’re able to give extra support to customers who need it:
- We can arrange free quarterly visits to read your meter.
- We can provide a free annual Gas Safety Check if you qualify for one.
- We can send duplicate copies of any letters, documents or emails to a friend, carer or relative chosen by you.
- If we need to send an engineer to read your meter, and you’re anxious about letting them into your home, you can arrange a password with us, which the engineer will have to provide before you let them in.
- If your well-being is critically dependent on your energy supply, we can make sure you get longer notice than usual if it needs to be turned off.
Who can join your Priority Services Register?
Anyone who is vulnerable because of age, chronic illness, disability or personal circumstances. For example, you could apply if you’re:
- A pensioner
- Living with children or young people under 18
- Chronically ill
- Blind or partially sighted
- Deaf or hearing impaired
You could also qualify to join the Priority Register if your movement is restricted or you have difficulty walking – if you’re in a wheelchair, for example. You might have a long-term or serious illness, a heart condition, arthritic hands, breathing difficulties or speech problems.
How do I sign up?
If you'd like to discuss our priority services further, simply get in touch and a member of our team will talk you through the process.