Withdrawal of Consent Policy
Where, in accordance with the GDPR, the data subject wishes to withdraw consent for the processing of his or her personal data, it will be within the scope of this procedure.
Withdrawal of consent by the data subject means an unambiguous indication of the data subject's wishes by which he or she, by a statement or by a clear affirmative action, signifies withdrawal of consent to the processing of personal data relating to him or her.
Withdrawal of consent shall be without effect to the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
As a data controller, Gulf Gas and Power UK is responsible under the GDPR for administering withdrawal of consent from the data subject.
Withdrawal of Consent Procedure
Gulf Gas and Power UK shall be able to demonstrate that the data subject has withdrawn consent to the processing of his or her personal data.
Where the processing had multiple purposes, Gulf Gas and Power UK shall also be able to demonstrate withdrawal of consent for the activities to which the withdrawal of consent is relating to.
To support the withdrawal of consent procedure, Gulf Gas and Power UK shall;
- ensure the data subject is kept informed of their relevant consent preferences
- provide an easily accessible format for withdrawing consent, and action withdrawal for consents in a reasonable timescale
- review and refresh all consents with data subject on a regular basis and no longer than annually
Where a data subject withdraws any consent - Gulf Gas and Power UK shall:
- confirm, in writing, to the data subject that their withdrawal of consent has received and actioned and,
- provide information on where the data subject can view and manage their consent preferences.
Gulf Gas & Power UK Consent Policy May 2018 v1.0