WHAT TO DO IN AN EMERGENCY

We hope you never have an energy emergency, but if you do, it's important you know who to get in touch with.

GAS LEAKS

If you can smell gas or think you have a gas leak, open doors and windows to let the gas escape, check your gas appliances are switched off and call the 24 hour National Gas Emergency hotline on 0800 111 999.

If you think you might have a leak:

·        Don't switch lights on or off, use doorbells, mobile phones or use any electrical switches.

·        Don't smoke, light a match or use any other kind of naked flame.

Carbon monoxide

If you are worried fumes containing carbon monoxide are escaping from a gas appliance, call the 24 hour National Gas Emergency hotline on 0800 111 999.

POWER CUTS

If you have a power cut, first check your trip switch to make sure there’s nothing wrong with the wiring in your home.

If everything looks as it should and you experience a power cut lasting more than a few hours, call 105 from a mobile or landline and you’ll be connected straight to your Distribution Network Operator (DNO). Calls to 105 are free of charge.